Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £14.46Trending at £15.12
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
- £25.75Trending at £26.99
- £7.11Trending at £7.36
- £6.79Trending at £8.99
- £6.54Trending at £7.98
- £5.20Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionRanging in approach from feminist to historicist, the eleven essays in this collection share the culturalist premise that the drama of late Stuart and early Georgian England helped to constitute the dominant ideology of the period. The contributors' varied approaches allow for the reconsideration of libertinism, the politics of sexual desire, and other classic issues.
- Author BiographyJ. Douglas Canfield (1941-2003) was Regents' Professor of English at the University of Arizona, USA. He was the author or editor of numerous books including The Broadview Anthology of Restoration and Early Eighteenth-Century Drama and The Baroque in English Neoclassical Literature. Deborah Payne Fisk is an associate professor of literature at American University, USA. She is editor of Four Restoration Libertine Plays and The Cambridge Companion to English Restoration Theatre.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Edited byDeborah Payne Fisk,J. Douglas Canfield
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.