All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.23Trending at £9.29
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionCultural Sociology: An Introduction is the first dedicated student textbook to address cultural sociology as a legitimate model for sociological thinking and research. Highly renowned authors present a rich overview of major sociological themes and the various empirical applications of cultural sociology.
- Author BiographyLes Back is Professor of Sociology at Goldsmiths, University of London. Andy Bennett is Professor of Cultural Sociology and Director of the Griffith Centre for Cultural Research at Griffith University in Queensland, Australia. He has authored and edited numerous books including Popular Music and Youth Culture, Cultures of Popular Music (2001), Remembering Woodstock (2004), and Music Scenes (edited with Richard A. Peterson, 2004). He is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Sociology. Laura Desfor Edles is Professor of Sociology at California State University, Northridge. Margaret Gibson is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Griffith University. David Inglis is Professor of Sociology at the University of Aberdeen, UK. He has written in the areas of the history of social thought, historical sociology, the sociologies of culture, art and aesthetics, and the cultural sociology of globalization. He is founding editor of the journal Cultural Sociology. Ronald Jacobs is Associate Professor of Sociology at University at Albany, State University of New York. He is the author of Race, Media and the Crisis of Civil Society (2000) and The Space of Opinion (2011), and co-editor of Oxford Handbook of Cultural Sociology (2011). Ian Woodward is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Griffith University.
- Author(s)Andy Bennett,David Inglis,Ian Woodward,Laura Desfor Edles,Les Back,Margaret Gibson,Ron Jacobs
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width180 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.