All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis major text draws on an outstanding group of internationlly acclaimed scholars and offers a critical reappraisal of the contemporary practice of cultural studies. It focuses in particular on the contribution of cultural studies to the understanding of media, communications and popular cultures in contemporary societies.
- Author BiographyPeter Golding was Professor of Sociology at Loughborough University from 1990 until coming to Northumbria in August 2010. He was Head of Social Sciences at Loughborough from 1991-2006, and Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research) 2006-2009. He was a member of the national Research Assessment Exercise panel for communications, media and cultural studies in 1996 and 2001, and its Chair in 2008, Vice-Chair of the ESRC postgraduate Recognition Panel for sociology and media and cultural studies, and chair of the HEFCE Media Studies Advisory Committee. He is an editor of the European Journal of Communication, Hon. Chair of the European Sociological Association Media Research Network, and was Co-Chair of the European Science Foundation Programme 'Changing Media, Changing Europe'. He was founder Chair of the subject association for his field, from 1993-1999, since when he has been Hon. Sec. of its successor body, the Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association, and is a member of the UK UNESCO Commission Communications and Information Committee. Professor Golding has been a Visiting Professor at universities in Switzerland, New Zealand, Japan, Estonia and Brazil and has lectured and taught in over 20 countries.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/1997
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMarjorie Ferguson,Peter Golding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.