All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionDesignates a shift within posthumanistic media studies that dissolves the concept of media into a network of operations, that reproduce, displace, process and reflect the distinctions that are fundamental for a given culture.
- Author BiographyBERNHARD SIEGERT is Gerd Bucerius Professsor of the History and Theory of Cultural Techniques at the Bauhaus Universitat Weimar and Director of the International Research Center for Cultural Techniques and Media Philosophy at Weimar. Together with Friedrich Kittler, Norbert Bolz, and Wolfgang Coy, he is one of the pioneers of German media theory. He is the author of Relays: Literature as an Epoch of the Postal System. GEOFFREY WINTHROP-YOUNG is Professor of German at the Department of Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Bernhard Siegert
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleMeaning Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations
- Weight3 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byGeoffrey Winthrop-Young
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.