All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a broad discussion of cultural tourism as a concept and the way it is implemented in regions around the world. It addresses the notion of cultural tourism, what it means to the tourism industry, and the different types offered to tourists, as well as including international case studies on specific instances of cultural tourism.
- Author BiographyNigel D. Morpeth (BA, MSc, PhD, PGCHE) currently is a senior lecturer in Tourism Management, School of Events Tourism and Hospitality, at Leeds Beckett University, UK. He started his academic career in 1989, after working for three UK local authorities within the field of community-based leisure provision, and has also taught at the University of Lincolnshire and was Visiting Scholar at Southern Cross University, New South Wales, Australia. He has published widely in books and journals and has jointly edited two tourism books with CABI. His current research projects and interests are in community and sustainability initiatives and the visual arts and tourism planning and development as well as in pilgrimage and tourism. Dolors Vidal-Casellas, PhD, is Dean and a senior lecturer at the Tourism Faculty of the University of Girona. She is Founder of the Official Master in Cultural Tourism, a member of the Contemporary Culture and Art Chair and also member of the research groups 'Contemporary Art Theories' and 'Higher Institute of Tourism Studies' (INSETUR). She is director of the collection 'Turisme cultural' (cultural tourism) by Edicions Vitel*la (http://www.edicionsvitella.com). She joined different cooperation programmes with universities from Algeria, Sao Paolo, Piracicaba (Brazil) and San Martin de Porres (Peru). She is also a member of cultural tourism international networks: Ibertur, Atlas and Unitwin 'Culture, tourisme et developpement' (UNESCO). Her research interests include cultural tourism, religious tourism, history of tourism, heritage management, destination imagery and tourism planning and policies. Neus Crous-Costa is an assistant professor and junior researcher at the Faculty of Tourism (University of Girona) and Tourism Officer at the Museu d'Art de Girona (Girona province art museum). She graduated in tourism studies and holds a Masters degree in tourism planning and management (cultural tourism programme). She is involved in several research projects about cooperation, history of tourism, religious tourism products and destination imagery.
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Weight730 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byKevin A. Griffin,Nigel D. Morpeth,Razaq Raj
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.57
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £41.08
- £30.00Trending at £42.97
- £20.65Trending at £21.59
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.11Trending at £32.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.