Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £11.29Trending at £12.34
- £11.41Trending at £14.48
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £6.36Trending at £6.73
- £5.54Trending at £5.67
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £7.98Trending at £9.99
About this product
- Author(s)Paul A. Shackel
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/05/2013
- Series TitleContributions To Global Historical Archaeology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content NoteXXI, 217 p.
- Weight373 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Industry and Interpreting the Past. At the Mercy of the Capitalist. The Most Eligible Spot on the Whole River: Harpers Ferry - The Early Years. Under a Malign Influence: Factory Discipline, Political Factionalism, Corruption, and the New Technology. Their Little Gardens: Landscapes in an Armory Town. Customs and Habits Interwoven with the Very Fibers of Things: Consumerism among Armory Households. Oh! Let Oppression's Hand Be Stay'd: The Transformation from Craft to Wage Labor. Home...! Refuge from Sadness. Appendix: 1842 Interview with Armory Workers. Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.