All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA study of themes relating to memory, memorization, memorializing or commemorating in a variety of historical, legal, literary and architectural contexts, this text examines lists and maps as memory aids, the transmission of knowledge and traditions from medieval to early modern times and the application of medieval notions of law and statecraft.
- Author BiographyFarhad Daftary is Head of the Department of Academic Research and Publications at The Institute of Ismaili Studies. He is the author of The Ismailis: their History and Doctrines, The Assassin Legends and editor of Intellectual Traditions in Islam (both I.B.Tauris). Josef W. Meri is a specialist in medieval Middle Eastern and Islamic history and is currently Research Fellow in Near Eastern Studies at the University of California, Berkeley.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication26/09/2003
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 port.
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byFarhad Daftary,Josef Meri
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £12.31Trending at £13.93
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £31.88Trending at £36.35
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.