All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Fascism and the Far Right
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white halftones
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJohn E. Richardson,Nigel Copsey
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 1. Cultural regeneration :Mosley and the Union Movement Janet Dack 2. History and cultural heritage: The far right and the 'Battle for Britain' Steven Woodbridge 3. Cultures of space: Spatialising the National Front Thomas Linehan 4. Securing the future of our race: Women in the culture of the modern-day BNP Martin Durham 5. British neo-Nazi fiction: Colin Jordan's Merrie England - 2000 and The Uprising Paul Jackson 6.When popular culture met the far right: Cultural encounters with post-war British fascism Nigel Copsey 7. Subcultural style: Fashion and Britain's extreme right Emily Turner-Graham 8. British, European and White: Cultural constructions of identity in post-war British fascist music Ryan Shaffer 9. Nazi punks folk off: Leisure, nationalism, cultural identity and the consumption of metal and folk music Karl Spracklen 10. The 'cultic milieu' of Britain's 'New Right': Meta-political 'fascism' in contemporary Britain Graham Macklin 11. 'Cultural-Marxism' and the British National Party: A transnational discourse John E. Richardson
- Author BiographyNigel Copsey is Professor of Modern History at Teesside University. He is the author of Anti-Fascism in Britain (2000) and Contemporary British Fascism: The British National Party and the Quest for Legitimacy (2004; 2008). He is also co-editor of British Fascism, the Labour Movement and the State (2005); Varieties of Anti-Fascism: Britain in the Inter-War Period (2010); and British National Party: Contemporary Perspectives (2011). With Graham Macklin, he is series editor of Routledge Studies in Fascism and the Far Right. John E. Richardson is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Social Sciences, Loughborough University. His research interests include structured social inequalities, British fascism, critical discourse studies and argumentation. His recent books include Analysing Fascist Discourse (co-edited with Wodak, 2013), Advances in Critical Discourse Studies (co-edited with Krzyzanowski, Machin, Wodak 2014) and Language and Journalism (2010). He is currently writing a book analysing the multimedia discourses of British fascism (Ibidem Verlag). He is Editor of the international journal Critical Discourse Studies.
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.96
- £27.19Trending at £29.02
- £11.43Trending at £12.22
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
- £14.98Trending at £21.31
- £28.89Trending at £30.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.