CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionHelps students learn, and apply the major systems of psychotherapy in a way that is meaningful to both their classroom experience and their practices. This book is used in top counseling, psychology, and social work programs, and features a group of contributors - each of whom is either an originator or a leading proponent of one of the systems.
- Author BiographyDanny Wedding was trained as a clinical psychologist at the University of Hawaii and the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He later worked for two years for the U.S. Congress, first in the Senate and later in the House of Representatives. Danny directed the Missouri Institute of Mental Health (MIMH), a University of Missouri university research and policy center, for 19 years. This time included Fulbright sabbaticals in Thailand and South Korea. Since 2010 Danny has served as Associate Dean for Management and International Programs for the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, where he is directly responsible for the CSPP programs in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Mexico City as well as for the development of new international initiatives. With the assistance of colleagues, Danny has written or edited thirteen books, including CURRENT PSYCHOTHERAPIES, CASE STUDIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY, BEHAVIOR AND MEDICINE, THE NEUROPSYCHOLOGY HANDBOOK, SCREENING FOR BRAIN IMPAIRMENT, MOVIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS, and POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY AT THE MOVIES. Danny is also the Editor for PsycCRITIQUES: Contemporary Psychology--APA Review of Books. Raymond Corsini's training was diverse. He received a BA and MA at the City College of New York, then did his doctoral training at Syracuse University, Cornell University, University of California, University of Wisconsin (all during the time of his work as a prison psychologist), and finally obtained a Ph.D. at age 41 from the University of Chicago under Carl Rogers. He met and interacted with J.L. Moreno, Fritz Perls, Victor Frankl, and Albert Ellis, among others, but his main teacher was Rudolf Dreikurs, an Adlerian. He had three separate careers: as a prison psychologist for 15 years, then an industrial psychologist for ten years, and finally in private practice of psychotherapy and counseling for 30 years. He taught courses at over a dozen universities and full time at the University of Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology, and the University of California at Berkeley. He has published over 60 books under 43 titles, including four encyclopedias and the most complete dictionary of psychology, and has written or edited 18 books in counseling or psychotherapy.
- Author(s)Danny Wedding,Raymond J. Corsini
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/03/2013
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date05/12/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1140 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 10th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.