All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guidebook for the leisure cyclist, mountain biker and family rider. It features eighteen routes, between 9 and 23km in length, which explore the traffic-free lanes and off-road trails of the Peak District. It also includes suggestions on where to ride with children and a section on where to ride along dedicated cycleways away from the traffic.
- Author BiographyTom Fenton has been riding mountain bikes for over 10 years, all over the UK and around Europe. As author of Mountain Biking Trail Centres - The Guide, Tom is probably the only person to have ridden every waymarked, man-made MTB trail in the UK. Tom is also the author of Cycling in the Peak District and has contributed to several of Vertebrate Publishing's bestselling mountain biking titles, including Lake District Mountain Biking and South West Mountain Biking.Jon Barton lives in Sheffield on the edge of the Peak District, with his wife, young son and novelty show dog. Having ridden and climbed in the area for almost 20 years his knowledge of the Peak, and particularly the Hope Valley, is enviable. After the shackles of fame that came with authoring the original Dark Peak Mountain Biking guidebook, Jon had to improve his MTB skills somewhat. Now proficient at singletrack, and merely nervous of descents, his ambition still remains to clean the notorious climb up Gores Heights (Lockerbrook). Catch him there most weekends for book signings. Don't be put off by the blue language, or his disproportionately large calves, he's really approachable and surprisingly down to earth.
- Author(s)Jon Barton,Tom Fenton
- PublisherVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2007
- GenreCycling Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Content Notecolour photography, specially drawn map
- Width170 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.