All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 6th April, 1943, Ian Reid, an officer in the Black Watch, was captured by the Germans in Tunisia and sent off to an Italian prisoner of war camp. He escaped and set off on a perilous game of hide and seek in the heart of the Italian countryside, and in this book, his son follows in his footsteps.
- Author BiographyHoward Reid is an award-winning filmmaker, anthropologist and writer. He lived for two years with hunter-gatherers in the Amazon basin and spent several months with the Tuareg people of north Africa. His previous books are IN SEARCH OF THE IMMORTALS, about mummy cultures around the world, and ARTHUR THE DRAGON KING, which traced the roots of the King Arthur legend back to the nomadic warrior peoples of central Asia.
- Author(s)Howard Reid
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2003
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date09/11/2006
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), map, ports.
- Height220 mm
Most relevant reviews
- marvin2004-uk10 Jan, 2015by
This was bought as a gift, and as yet has not read it yet bought because of the subject, as he takes agreat deal of interest in these years as they should not be forgotten.
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.90
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £10.42Trending at £14.43
- £11.05Trending at £12.33
- £12.56Trending at £16.54
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.