Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionAs well as much-needed electricity, dams generate extremes of emotion. This book traces the development of dams from the Industrial Revolution onwards. It offers an account of their design, construction and function, which may appeal to general readers and those interested in environmental policy, history and civil engineering.
- Author BiographyTrevor Turpin is a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Bath, and has worked in water and environmental management since the early 1970s. He is the co-author of Environmental Impact Assessment Handbook (2002).
- Author(s)Trevor Turpin
- PublisherReaktion Books
- Date of Publication07/05/2008
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleObjekt
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReaktion Books
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.