All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.01
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.87Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
- £11.90Trending at £13.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe tropical islands of the South China Sea, ancient desert settlements in Libya, soaring temperatures and high rise developments in Dubai - each has its attractions and complicated past. For the traveller prepared to take risks there is always more to see than the guide-book shows.
- Author BiographyAdrienne Brady was born in Burma and grew up in Surrey. Marriage and four children took care of her creative energies for a good number of years. An Honours Degree in English and History and a Master's Degree in Creative Writing acted as a springboard for writing her own poetry and to satisfy a deep rooted ambition for travel and travel writing. Since 1987 she has lived overseas in Singapore, Brunei, Libya and the Middle East taking opportunities to explore ancient and lost worlds as well as to capture them in words and on camera. Based in Dubai from 1996-2006 her travel features were published regularly in Gulf newspapers and magazines. From a home base in Devon and more recently Dorset, she has continued to travel as well as completing two memoirs of life and travels in Libya under sanctions and travels throughout Oman and into Central Africa. Danger Zones and Pleasure Zones takes a leap back in time to explorations in Asia, then forward to the Gulf and Europe to complete a fascinating trilogy of adventures through a complex and dramatically changing world.
- Author(s)Adrienne Brady
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.