All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £27.71Trending at £34.08
- £26.49Trending at £38.05
- £6.95Trending at £8.95
- £4.44Trending at £5.73
- £5.97Trending at £6.98
- £5.43Trending at £6.98
- £5.53Trending at £6.98
About this product
- DescriptionShows how politics and aesthetics merge in American film noirs made between the late 1930s and the mid-1950s; their oft-noted uncanniness betrays the fear that un-American foes lurk within the homeland.
- Author BiographyJonathan Auerbach is Professor of English at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is the author of Body Shots: Early Cinema's Incarnations; Male Call: Becoming Jack London, also published by Duke University Press; and The Romance of Failure: First-Person Fictions of Poe, Hawthorne, and James.
- Author(s)Jonathan Auerbach
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2011
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note24 photographs
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.