About this product
- DescriptionBased on a story by Japanese novelist Koji Suzuki and a film by Hideo Nakata (THE RING), DARK WATER is a thrilling exercise in psychological terror. Jennifer Connelly stars as Dahlia, a troubled woman who is battling her husband, Kyle (Dougray Scott), for custody of their young daughter, Ceci (Ariel Gade). Low on cash, Dahlia moves with Ceci into a creepy apartment building on Roosevelt Island in New York City and soon discovers that something very wrong is going on one floor above them. As black water drips down ominously from the ceiling in her bedroom, Dahlia is unable to get help from the real estate agent in charge (the appropriately mysterious John C. Reilly) or his very strange employee (a grizzled Pete Postlethwaite). Around the time Ceci starts going to her new school, she also seems to have developed a very dangerous invisible friend with eerie ties to the apartment above. Believing that Kyle might be gaslighting her, Dahlia turns to a rather curious lawyer (Tim Roth) who appears to work out of his car. All the while, memories of her strained relationship with her mother begin flooding her mind and giving her debilitating migraines. Brazilian director Walter Salles's (THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES, CENTRAL STATION) first Hollywood film, DARK WATER cleverly paces itself before unleashing a terrifying conclusion.
- Leading Role 1Jennifer Connelly
- Director 1Walter Salles
- Leading Role 2John C. Reilly
- Leading Role 3Pete Postlethwaite
- Additional Roles byTim Roth,Dougray Scott,Ariel Gade
- ProducerDoug Davison,Bill Mechanic,Roy Lee
- Score ComposerAngelo Badalamenti
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2005
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Subtitle LanguagesDanish,English,Finnish,Icelandic,Norwegian,Portuguese,Spanish,Swedish
- Running Time105 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- carshaltonrocke...16 Jan, 2007by
We brought this film as we loved The Ring and this is by the same author. Found it to be a good film with a creepy story line, it was well acted and would recommend it to others.
- 329174382@delet...25 Oct, 2006by
the trailer on this movie looked really good thats why i decided to buy it.i did enjoy the movie as it woz a little bit scary but i would say it was a bit hard to get into.Overall i did enjoy this movie and i would recomend it to adults as it would be easier for them to get into.
- 83710119@delete...01 May, 2006by
A horror movie that's got it all.
From the author of The Ring, a thoroughly absorbing, suspense-filled thriller. The stars include Tim Roth and Pete Postlewaite, who I thought played a very good part as the caretaker of this very spooky apartment.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £13.74Trending at £14.04
- £5.95Trending at £9.94
- £7.00Trending at £7.95
- £14.97Trending at £16.92
- £29.27Trending at £33.15
- £32.99Trending at £33.83
- £18.25Trending at £19.91