All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* An original study of Sir John Lubbock, written by an expert on both collecting practices and Sir John Lubbock. * A chance to learn more about the man who gave the nation bank holidays and the Ancient Monuments Act to protect our heritage. * An engaging chronological approach, accessible even for those with no prior knowledge of John Lubbock.
- Author BiographyFollowing on from a degree in Archaeology and Anthropology at the University of Cambridge (Newnham College), JANET OWEN has spent the last twenty years as a museum professional, during which time she was awarded a PhD from the University of Durham in 2000 for her work on the collecting activities of John Lubbock. Janet is presently Head of Arts and Museums at Hampshire County Council. She has also worked as Head of the Curatorial Group at the National Maritime Museum, and as Arts and Heritage Manager at Southampton City Council.
- Author(s)Janet Owen
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content Note15 - 20 black and white illustrations in a plate section
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.80
- £25.99Trending at £30.88
- £22.57Trending at £23.30
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.