All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £15.26Trending at £25.59
- £4.00Trending at £7.00
- £5.13Trending at £8.98
- £4.97Trending at £5.08
- £5.99Trending at £8.76
- £4.23Trending at £5.17
- £7.99Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionOften called the German lliad, Das Nibelungenlied is a heroic epic both national in character and sweeping in scope. The poem moves inexorably from romance through tragedy to holocaust. This translation brings the epic poem to life in English.
- Author BiographyBurton Raffel is Distinguished Professor of Arts and Humanities Emeritus and professor of English emeritus, University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He lives in Lafayette. His many works of translation include Voltaire's Candide, the narrative poems of Chretien de Troyes, and Poems and Prose from the Old English, all published by Yale University Press.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight521 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated byProfessor Burton Raffel
- Introduction byEdward R. Haymes
- Foreword byMichael Dirda
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.