All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Park (1911-1960), transplanted Bostonian turned ground-breaking West Coast painter, led the way in creating what became known as Bay Area Figurative Art - a daring move during the post-World War II years when abstract expressionism held sway. This biography traces Park's resolute search for a fresh kind of figuration.
- Author BiographyNancy Boas is the author of The Society of Six: California Colorists (UC Press) and a contributor to the exhibition and catalog Facing Eden: 100 Years of Landscape Art in the Bay Area (UC Press). She was Adjunct Curator of American Paintings at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco and co-curated the exhibition California Colorists: Paintings by the Society of Six.
- Author(s)Nancy M. Boas
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note41 color illustrations, 75 b/w photographs
- Weight930 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.