CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.22
- £9.10Trending at £11.04
- £24.21Trending at £25.48
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £27.75Trending at £48.19
- £10.46Trending at £14.24
- £15.43Trending at £24.44
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleClassical and Contemporary Social Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 1 b&w illustration
- Weight724 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byB. Garrick Harden,Keith Kerr,Marcus Aldredge
- Series Edited byDr. Stjepan Mestrovic
- Table Of ContentsContents: Preface; Series editor's introduction. Part I Riesman's Unpublished Works: The American character in our changing society, David Riesman; National character and morale as factors of national power, David Riesman; American values: shifts in the valuation of commodities, David Riesman; The Berlin crisis, Erich Fromm and David Riesman; The impact of Freudian thought in American education: some observations, David Riesman; Freud: a study in ambivalence, David Riesman (and likely contribution by Philip Rieff); A suggestion for coding the intensive white collar interviews, David Riesman; Conversation on a plane: notes on this and that, David Riesman; The structure of party conversation, Robert J. Potter, David Riesman and Jeanne Watson Eisenstadt. Part II Riesman's Life, Work and Legacy: Toward the lonely crowd: a report on an interview with David Riesman, Rupert Wilkinson; Reflections upon my interview with David Riesman, Stjepan Mestrovic; David Riesman's mission, Michael Maccoby; An examination of sociable conversations and the work of the Sociability Project, Jeanne Watson Eisenstadt; A minority philosophy for the twenty-first century, Jesus A. Garcia; David Riesman and higher education revisited: the state of the American university then and now, Joe Galbo and Miriam Jones; Strange cultural bedfellows: David Riesman, Erving Goffman, and structures of alienation, Marcus Aldredge and B. Garrick Harden. Index.
- Author BiographyKeith Kerr is Associate Professor of Sociology at Quinnipiac University, USA and author of Postmodern Cowboy: C. Wright Mills and a New 21st Century Sociology. B. Garrick Harden is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Lamar University, USA and co-editor of Co-opting Culture: Culture and Power in Sociology and Cultural Studies. Marcus Aldredge is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Iona College, USA and author of Singer-Songwriters and Musical Open Mics.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.