All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the small Yorkshire village of Ragley-on-the-Forest, Jack Sheffield returns for his third year as headmaster of the village school. Jack and his staff struggle to keep a semblance of normality throughout the turbulence of the school terms, as once again the official School Log fails to record what is really going on beneath the quiet routine.
- Author BiographyJack Sheffield was born in 1945 and grew up in the tough environment of Gipton Estate, in North East Leeds. After a job as a 'pitch boy', repairing roofs, he became a Corona Pop Man before going to St John's College, York, and training to be a teacher. In the late 70s and 80s, he was a head teacher of two schools in North Yorkshire before becoming Senior Lecturer in primary education at Bretton Hall near Wakefield. It was at this time he began to record his many amusing stories of village life. He lives in York and Hampshire. Visit his website at www.jacksheffield.com.
- Author(s)Jack Sheffield
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date10/11/2009
- Content Note1 map
- Weight388 g
- Width136 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.56Trending at £4.77
- £18.92Trending at £19.76
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £5.96Trending at £6.28
- £4.66Trending at £4.71
- £4.77Trending at £4.99
- £4.89Trending at £5.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.