All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrizewinning debut of an extraordinary new voice in crime writing.
- Author BiographyQiu Xiaolong (pronounced 'Joe Shau-long') was born in Shanghai. The Cultural Revolution began in his last year of elementary school, and out of school, out of job, he studied English by himself in a local park. In 1977, he began his studies at East China Normal University in Shanghai, and then the Chinese Academy of Social Science in Beijing. After graduation, he worked at the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences as an associate research professor, published poems, translations and criticism, and became a member of the Chinese Writers' Association. In 1988, he came to Washington University in St. Louis, U.S. as a Ford foundation fellow to do a project on Eliot, but after the Tiananmen tragedy of 1989, he decided to stay on. He then obtained a Ph.D. in comparative literature at Washington University and taught there. Having won several awards for his poetry in English, he moved on to write a novel about contemporary Chinese society in transition, which developed into the critically acclaimed, award-winning Inspector Chen series. The series has been translated into sixteen languages. In addition, Qiu Xiaolong has published a poetry collection, several poetry translations, and a collection of linked stories (also serialized in Le Monde). He lives in St. Louis with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Qiu Xiaolong
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication27/02/2006
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleInspector Chen Cao
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date27/04/2016
- Weight244 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £34.99Trending at £39.00
- £10.99Trending at £11.85
- £4.48Trending at £4.58
- £4.80Trending at £8.99
- £9.90Trending at £15.39
- £4.85Trending at £4.92
- £4.49Trending at £4.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.