Consider these sponsored items
- £2.45Free postage
All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.99Trending at £7.99
- £4.72Trending at £6.29
- £4.94Trending at £7.61
- £6.98Trending at £9.06
- £4.00Trending at £7.99
- £4.95Trending at £9.06
- £4.10Trending at £4.61
About this product
- DescriptionSeparated from his regiment during a retreat, Rifleman Matthew Dodd of Wellington's army engaged the French single-handedly and eventually causes their retreat.
- Author(s)C. S. Forester
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/06/1968
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date12/07/2010
- Weight94 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- dickyduck05 May, 2016by
Outstanding Novel well written ,like being there,flows fromstart to end ,style timeless,cracking good read.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- capt-biggleswad...03 Nov, 2012by
A book to enjoy again and again.
This is a book I've read so many times over the past years that I've had to buy a replacement, it is the adventures of a rifleman of the 95th rifles lost behind enemy lines, joining the local partisans in his battle to rejoin his regiment, a story that, in my opinion, encouraged the writing of the Sharpe series, the main charactor is even mentioned by Sharpe in one of his stories.