All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.19
- £13.56Trending at £17.30
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.41
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £25.99Trending at £26.99
- £24.84Trending at £26.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection interrogates the notion of authenticity from an anthropological point of view and considers authenticity in terms of how meaning is produced in and through discourses about authenticity. Incorporating case studies from four continents, the topics reach from art and colonialism to exoticism-primitivism, film, ritual and wilderness.
- Author BiographyThomas Fillitz is Associate Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Vienna. He has been a visiting professor at the Universite des Sciences et Technologies Lille-1 (2001, 2003), at the Universite Lumiere Lyon-2 (2008), and at Universite Paris Descartes (2011). A. Jamie Saris is Senior Lecturer at the Department of Anthropology at the National University of Ireland-Maynooth and Co-Chair of the Combat Diseases of Poverty Consortium. He has been working more than fifteen years in medical and psychological anthropology in Ireland, North America and Africa.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note36 illustrations
- Edited byA. Jamie Saris,Thomas Fillitz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.