All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £8.39Trending at £8.60
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.88Trending at £9.58
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £6.98Trending at £7.10
About this product
- DescriptionA considerable amount of feminist thinking today works across borders in ways that unsettle familiar philosophical and political frameworks. This work also crosses regional, national, and continental boundaries, as feminists find they must think globally, act locally, as the popular slogan has it.
- Author BiographyUma Narayan is associate professor of philosophy at Vassar College. She is the author of Dislocating Cultures: Identities, Traditions and Third World Feminism and co-editor, with Mary Lyndon Shanley of Reconstructing Political Theory: Feminist Perspectives. Sandra Harding is professor of education and women's studies at the University of California Los angeles. She is the editor of The Racial Economy of Science: Toward a Democratic Future, and the co-author of a chapter in UNESCO's World Science Report 1996 entitled Science and Technology: The Gender Dimension. Her most recent book is Is Science Multicultural? Postcolonialisms, Feminisms, and Epistemologies.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2000
- Series TitleA Hypatia Book
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 index
- Weight472 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited bySandra Harding,Uma Narayan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.