All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrates the power of rites to help us navigate life's troublesome transitions. This book covers the significant life events of birth, initiation, marriage, and death. It explores innovative rites for important events such as beginning school, same-sex commitment ceremonies, abortion, serious illness, divorce, and retirement.
- Author BiographyRonald L. Grimes is Professor of Religion and Culture at Wilfrid Laurier University in Ontario, Canada. He is the author of Marrying and Burying: Rites of Passage in a Man's Life (1995) and editor of Readings in Ritual Studies (1996), among other works.
- Author(s)Ronald L. Grimes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleLife Passages S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note6 figures, 7 black-and-white photographs
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £11.07Trending at £14.97
- £3.58Trending at £5.49
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £9.71Trending at £11.63
- £14.25Trending at £15.30
- £8.15Trending at £8.55
- £9.45Trending at £11.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.