All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to define the philosophical and practical parameters of critical animal studies (CAS). With apolitical animal studies and exploitative animal research dominating higher education, this book offers a timely counter-narrative that demands the liberation of all oppressed beings and the environment.
- Author BiographyAnthony J. Nocella II is Visiting Professor in the School of Education at Hamline University, Senior Fellow of the Dispute Resolution Institute at the Hamline Law School, and co-founder of the Institute for Critical Animal Studies. John Sorenson is Professor in the Department of Sociology at Brock University, where he teaches critical animal studies, as well as courses on globalization and on anti-racism. His books include Animal Rights, Ape, and Culture of Prejudice. Kim Socha is author of Women, Destruction, and the Avant-Garde: A Paradigm for Animal Liberation, co-editor of Confronting Animal Exploitation: Grassroots Essays on Liberation and Veganism, and Professor of English at Normandale Community College. Atsuko Matsuoka is Associate Professor at the School of Social Work at York University. She is co-author of Ghosts and Shadows: Constructions of Identity and Community in an African Diaspora and Critical Social Work and Analysing Practice through Deconstruction: Experiential Learning.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number448
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight540 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byAnthony J. Nocella,Atsuko Matsuoka,John Sorenson,Kim Socha
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.