All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jonathan Marc Gribetz
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleJews, Christians and Muslims from the Ancient to the Modern World
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments ix Note on Transliterations xiii Introduction 1 Chapter 1 Locating the Zionist-Arab Encounter: Local, Regional, Imperial, and Global Spheres 15 Chapter 2 Muhammad Ruhi al-Khalidi's as-Sayunizm : An Islamic Theory of Jewish History in Late Ottoman Palestine 39 Chapter 3 Concerning Our Arab Question ? Competing Zionist Conceptions of Palestine's Natives 93 Chapter 4 Imagining the Israelites : Fin de Siecle Arab Intellectuals and the Jews 131 Chapter 5 Translation and Conquest: Transforming Perceptions through the Press and Apologetics 185 Conclusion 235 Bibliography 249 Index 269
- Author BiographyJonathan Marc Gribetz is assistant professor of Near Eastern studies and Judaic studies at Princeton University.
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2015.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £14.15Trending at £20.92
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.03
- £8.24Trending at £12.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.