CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.91Trending at £24.99
- £26.30Trending at £26.46
- £28.79Trending at £30.88
- £56.98Trending at £59.81
- £20.30Trending at £26.57
- £35.88Trending at £49.22
- £23.85Trending at £31.39
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for researchers in Criminology and Criminal Justice, this title presents the dimensions of fluidity of gang membership and geographic mobility across police jurisdictions is increasingly seen as the organizational pattern of emerging gangs, in large part shaped by worldwide patterns of human migration and globalization.
- Author BiographyDr. Cathy Prowse is a former 25-year police officer with the Calgary Police Service and holds a PhD in anthropology, where her work continues to focus on culturally-influenced aspects of crime. Dr. Prowse is the recipient of local, national, and international recognition for her gang research which, over the course of her policing career and beyond, has been requested and used to inform expert testimony on four continents. As a result of her early work in this area, she was honoured in 1996 by the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts for her writing of a police investigators' handbook titled, Vietnamese Gangs: Fluidity and Mobility as Instruments of Organization ; the first individual Canadian to receive this honour. Due to its seminal nature, the distribution of her publication was limited to within the international law enforcement community to serve as an investigative tool into evolving gang structure; a gang structural prototype that is now being increasingly adopted by 21st century street gangs worldwide. Dr. Prowse's expertise in the area of street gangs continues to be recognized; she was one of twelve Canadians invited recently to advise the Department of Justice on its youth-at-risk (of gangs/criminality) strategy. Dr. Prowse currently teaches in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Calgary and Mount Royal University on the topics of social control, crime, and justice.
- Author(s)C. E. Prowse
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Criminology
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight122 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.