All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £6.20Trending at £6.74
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume to examine young girls' culture in the U.S. in the 20th century. Essays address such topics as board games and the socialization of adolescent girls, dolls and political ideologies, female juvenile delinquency, and more, to demonstrate how cultural discourses shape both the young and teenage girl in America. 9 illustrations.
- Author BiographySherrie A. Inness is Assistant Professor of English at Miami University of Ohio. She is the author of Intimate Communities: Representation and Social Transformation in Women's College Fiction, 1895-1910 and The Lesbian Menace: Ideology, Identity, and the Representation of Lesbian Life.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/1998
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited bySherrie A. Inness
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.