All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at the history of both the theory and practice of democracy, and the fierce opposition it has often provoked. This book argues that democracy remains a relevant ideal and a challenge to much conventional political thinking, as well as to the centralizing tendencies of global power.
- Author BiographyAnthony Arblaster recently retired as Reader in Politics at the University of Sheffield, where he had taught since 1970. He was previously a journalist on the staff of Tribune. He is the author of The Rise and Decline of Wesern Liberalism and Viva la Liberta!, a study of politics in opera.
- Author(s)Anthony Arblaster
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- Language(s)English & English
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Sociology
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notenotes, bibliography, index
- Weight420 g
- Width53 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £10.75Trending at £11.04
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.46
- £8.01Trending at £11.27
- £8.99Trending at £9.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.