All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining the social and cultural forces that have hindered the emergence and widespread development of democratic polities in the Middle East, the author analyzes the effect politics, in particular, and society-based dynamics, in general, have had on the nature and evolution of Middle Eastern culture.
- Author BiographyMehran Kamrava teaches political science at California State University, Northridge. Born in Iran, he received his Ph.D. in Social and Political Sciences from Cambridge University. He is the author of a number of books, including Revolutionary Politics; Revolution in Iran: The Roots of Turmoil; and Cultural Politics in the Third World.
- Author(s)Mehran Kamara
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChatham House Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notenotes, bibliography, index
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £19.47Trending at £25.01
- £6.32Trending at £6.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.