All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.13Trending at £8.90
- £26.30Trending at £27.79
- £7.47Trending at £7.71
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
- £8.30Trending at £8.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis detailed book explores reliability, availability and safety modeling of networked computer-based systems used in life-critical applications such as avionics, nuclear power plants, automobiles and chemical process industries.
- Author BiographyProf. Ajit Kumar Verma He is a professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, with a research focus on reliability engineering and quality management. He was the Director of the International Institute of Information Technology, Pune, India from August 2009 to September 2010. He has over 200 papers in journals and in conference proceedings. He is the Editor-in-Chief of OPSEARCH (published by Springer) and of the International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management (also published by Springer). He is on the editorial boards of various international journals. He has been a guest editor of IJRQSE, IJPE, CDQM, IJAC, etc., and has supervised 25 PhDs. His area of research is reliability and maintainability engineering. Prof. Srividya Ajit She has been with IIT Bombay since 1988 and is currently a professor in the Department of Civil Engineering with a research focus on reliability in engineering design, structural reliability and environmental effects on system reliability. Over 50 of her papers have been published in various national and international journals, and over 100 have been part of national or international conferences. She has also co-authored books titled Fuzzy Reliability Engineering: Concepts and Applications and Reliability and Safety Engineering published by Springer. She was conference chairperson of the International Conference on Reliability, Safety & Hazard 2005 (Advances in Risk Informed Technology), for which she also edited the proceedings; the International Conference on Quality, Reliability and Infocom Technology 2006; and the International Conference on Reliability, Safety and Quality Engineering 2008 (for which she also edited the proceedings). She has been instrumental in editing and reviewing the proceedings of various international conferences, such as the International Conference on Quality Reliability and Control 2001, the International Conference on Multimedia and Design 2002, and the International Conference on Quality Reliability and Information Technology 2003. She is a recipient of SREQOM's Leadership in Reliability Engineering Education & Research award. Dr. Manoj Kumar He has been working as Scientific Officer at Control Instrumentation Division of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India, since 1998. He has been associated with the design and development of embedded/computer-based control systems for critical applications. He is also actively involved in dependability modeling and analysis of these systems. He has around 15 papers in journals and in conference proceedings.
- Author(s)Ajit Kumar Verma,Manoj Kumar,Srividya Ajit
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- GenreComputer Communications & Networking
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Reliability Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note27 black & white tables, biography
- Weight496 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.