All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe prevalence of major depression among hospitalized patients with coronary artery disease has been reported to be between 17 and 27%. Now, in this new WPA publication, clinicians can find practical clinical guidance for treating these two important and common disorders when they co-present.
- Author BiographyAlexander Glassman is an authority on depression and antidepressant drugs, who has raised the standard of care for depressed patients. His work has clarified the safe treatment of depressed patients with cardiovascular disease: more recently, he has been involved in studies of the relationship between depression and cardiovascular mortality. Dr. Glassman was the recipient of the American Psychiatric Association's Foundation Fund Prize for lifetime accomplishment in Research, the Established Investigator's Award of the National Association for Research in Schizophrenia and Affective Disorders, the New York State Research Award and the 2007-2008 Anna-Monika Foundation Prize for reseach in depression. He is the author of over 300 scientific publications and serves on the editorial boards of Heart Disease and the Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology. He is a fellow of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, a life fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, a member of the scientific advisory board of the National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD), and a member of the scientific advisory panel of the American Legacy Panel. Mario Maj is Professor of Psychiatry and Chairman at the University of Naples, Italy. He is President of the World Psychiatric Association and former President of the European Psychiatric Association. He is the Italian psychiatrist with the highest number of citations in indexed journals in the period 1981-2008. Norman Sartorius is President of the International Association for the Promotion of Mental Health Programmes. Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists and of the American College of Psychiatry; Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. Member of the WHO Expert Advisory Panel on Mental Health. Member of WPA Council.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2010
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleWorld Psychiatric Association
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight208 g
- Width125 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAlexander Glassman,Mario M. Maj,Norman Sartorius
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.