All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Robert A. Rushing
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2016
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleNew Directions in National Cinemas
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note20 b&w illus.
- Weight295 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgements A Note on Film Titles and Foreign Language Citations Introduction: Descended from Hercules: A Peplum Genealogy 1. Nos Morituri: Time in the Peplum 2. Pre/Post: Sexuality in the Peplum 3. Skin Flicks: The Haptic Peplum 4. Immune Systems: The Peplum as Biopolitical Genre Conclusion: Biopolitical Fantasy Filmography Works Cited Index
- Author BiographyRobert A. Rushing is Associate Professor of Italian and Comparative Literature at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, where he also holds affiliate appointments in Media and Cinema Studies and the Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory. He is author of Resisting Arrest: Detective Fiction and Popular Culture and co-editor of Mad Men, Mad World: Sex, Politics, Style, and the 1960s.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.97Trending at £26.94
- £13.04Trending at £16.87
- £14.89Trending at £19.88
- £8.29Trending at £9.92
- £12.18Trending at £17.93
- £14.53Trending at £21.93
- £55.95Trending at £72.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.