Descriptive Taxonomy: The Foundation of Biodiversity Research by Cambridge University Press (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £29.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by jnc_incorporated
- Est. delivery by 21 Aug
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £18.99+ £4.00 P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by wigmores
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a multidisciplinary approach, this book explores how new technologies are facilitating more effective collection and dissemination of taxonomic data.
- Author BiographyMark Watson is Head of the Major Floras research programme at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (RBGE), where he leads the Flora of Nepal team. He is a taxonomic botanist and expert in floristic research in the Sino-Himalayan region, with over 23 years' experience at RBGE in floristics, fieldwork and biodiversity informatics. Chris Lyal is a researcher at the Natural History Museum in London, with over 40 years' experience in insect taxonomy, including fieldwork in many countries. He has worked on the digitisation of taxonomic literature to address the 'taxonomic impediment' - the shortage of taxonomists and taxonomic tools that hinders work in other areas of biodiversity research and management. Colin Pendry is an editor for the Flora of Nepal based at RBGE. His background is in ecology, and for the last 20 years he has worked as a plant taxonomist. He has extensive experience of fieldwork in the UK, South East Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and Nepal and is at the forefront of developments in RBGE's fieldwork methods.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/01/2015
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleSystematics Association Special Volume Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note36 b/w illus. 11 colour illus. 6 tables
- Weight920 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChris Lyal,Colin A. Pendry,Mark F. Watson
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.42Trending at £13.02
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.50Trending at £8.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.