All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this Very Short Introduction Nick Middleton tells the story of the desert, demonstrating its beautiful landscapes and remarkable climates. He challenges the common notion that they are dry and barren and uncovers fascinating life-forms, a rich biodiversity, and a long history of human habitation.
- Author BiographyNick Middleton is a geographer, writer, and presenter of television documentaries. He teaches at Oxford University where he is a Fellow of St Anne's College. His main research interest is in the nature and human use of deserts, and he has written more than 200 articles and 16 books.
- Author(s)Nick Middleton
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2009
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note21 halftones
- Weight130 g
- Width111 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.13
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £9.90Trending at £11.93
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.