All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite an uncertain economy, the market for green building is projected to grow and strengthen. But, the author states that, greening our buildings is not enough. He advocates empathic design, in which a designer not only works in concert with nature, but with an understanding of and empathy for the end user and for oneself.
- Author BiographySim Van der Ryn is President of The Ecological Design Collaborative, a design and consulting practice providing comprehensive services though the non-profit Ecological Design Institute established in 1969. He has been at the forefront of integrating ecological principles into the built environment, creating multi-scale solutions driven by nature's intelligence for over 40 years. Sim has served as California's first energy-conscious State Architect, authored seven influential books, including Ecological Design, and won numerous honours and awards for his leadership and innovation in architecture and planning including a Fellowship of the Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts (1997); Rockefeller Scholar in Residence, Bellagio, Italy (1997 and 2013); a Commendation for Excellence in Technology, California Council American Institute of Architects (1981); and a Guggenheim Fellowship (1971). He is an adjunct architecture faculty member at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Sim Van der Ryn
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Width185 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.77Trending at £36.82
- £17.89Trending at £22.50
- £21.06Trending at £21.31
- £31.75Trending at £48.00
- £31.74Trending at £32.11
- £29.64Trending at £34.99
- £20.51Trending at £25.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.