All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces the design concept of Eurocode 3 for steel structures in building construction, and their practical application. It especially comments on the regulations of the british National Annexes. Following a discussion of the basis of design, including the limit state approach, the material standards and their use are detailed.
- Author BiographyLuis Simoes da Silva is Professor of Steel Construction at the Civil Engineering Dept. of the University of Coimbra/ Portugal, where he is responsible for the Steel and Mixed Building Technologies Research Centre. He is President of the Portuguese Steelwork Association (CMM) and member of the Executive Board and President of the Technical Management Board of the ECCS. He has authored over 300 scientific articles in this field. Rui A. D. Simoes is Professor at the Civil Engineering Dept. of the University of Coimbra/ Portugal, where he got his BSc in 1990, his MSc in 1995 and his PhD in 2000. He is heavily involved in experimental research work and teaching of steel related courses in the BSc, MSc, PhD and continues education programs. Helena Gervasio is Visiting Professor at the Civil Engineering Department of the University of Coimbra/ Portugal. She is Technical Director of the GIPAC Lda., an engineering consultancy company specialized in structural engineering. She is member of the Technical Committee TC14-Sustainability of ECCS. Graham Couchman is the CEO of the Steel Construction Institute (SCI). SCI is the leading independent provider of technical expertise to the steel construction sector in the UK. He received his MA from Cambridge University in 1985, and PhD from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne in 1994. He has authored numerous publications and papers, and is Chairman of CEN/TC250/SCA Composite Construction.
- Author(s)ECCS - European Convention for Constructional Steelwork
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication06/05/2015
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWilhelm Ernst & Sohn Verlag fur Architektur und technische Wissenschaften
- Weight1122 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementUK ed
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.18Trending at £5.98
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.24Trending at £25.13
- £12.88Trending at £16.23
- £14.56Trending at £16.21
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £10.09Trending at £12.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.