All listings for this product
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £21.79Trending at £28.28
- £15.72Trending at £17.35
- £18.66Trending at £18.92
- £15.72Trending at £15.99
- £26.73Trending at £39.94
- £16.77Trending at £26.99
- £17.29Trending at £19.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical, hands-on guide takes you through the theory and tools you need to build evolvable HTTP services with Microsoft's ASP.NET Web API framework. In the process, you'll learn how design and implement a real-world Web API.
- Author BiographyGlenn is a currently working on the Azure team at Microsoft. He was previously a PM on the WCF team working on Microsoft's future HTTP and REST stack as well as a PM on the new Managed Extensibility Framework in .NET 4.0. Glenn has a breadth of experience both inside and outside Microsoft developing software solutions for ISVs and the enterprise. Glenn has also been very active in involving folks from the community in the development of software at Microsoft. This has included shipping several products under open source licenses, as well as assisting other teams looking to do so. Glenn is also a frequent speaker at local and international events and user groups. Pablo is a software architect at Tellago Inc and an internationally recognized expert with over 10 years of experience in arquitecting and implementing large distributed systems with Microsoft Technnologies. He has spent the past few years working directly with the Microsoft Patterns & Practices team on sample applications, patterns and guidance for building service-oriented applications with Web Services, Web Services Enhancements (WSE) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). The biggest contributions with this team were the Web Services Security patterns, and the implementation of a Secure Token Service quickstart for WSE 3.0 and WCF. He now focuses on technologies that enable developers to build large scale systems such as WCF, WF, Dublin, OSLO and Windows Azure. The community knows Pablo mainly for his weblog and active participation in conferences and forums. Pedro Felix lives in Lisbon, Portugal, where he teaches and studies programming and computer security related subjects. Howard Dierking is Microsoft Program Manager on the WCF Web API team focusing on AppFabric. Prior to this position he has held several others at Microsoft including Editor-in-Chief of MSDN Magazine and Product Planner within Microsoft Learning. Darrel Miller is co-owner of Tavis Software, a software solutions and services company specializing in the manufacturing sector. He spends his days showing people how to apply the REST architectural style to business applications.
- Author(s)Glenn Block,Pablo Cibraro,Pedro Felix
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication22/03/2014
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight853 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.