All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an instructional guide to the art of millinery. This book explains how to go about designing a hat, what equipment and materials you will need, and the techniques required to get started.
- Author BiographyJudy Bentinck is a practising traditional couture milliner, making contemporary hats that are both wearable and flattering. She also teaches millinery at Central St Martins in London, and runs her own courses from her central London studio. Judy studied printed textile design at Liverpool John Moores University, before spending several years designing and making theatre and film costumes for the RSC, the BBC and the Royal Opera House. She made her first hat while teaching costume design at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. Trained by Rose Cory, royal warrant holder and world-renowned teacher, Judy passes on her passion for millinery in this book, showing the increasingly popular traditional techniques that make handmade hats not things of beauty, but works of art.
- Author(s)Judy Bentinck
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note416 colour photographs
- Weight662 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.39
- £2.34Trending at £3.00
- £1.95Trending at £2.89
- £7.82Trending at £8.98
- £10.15Trending at £10.99
- £9.50Trending at £9.97
- £10.23Trending at £16.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.