Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.90
- £10.43Trending at £14.43
- £11.05Trending at £12.33
- £12.56Trending at £16.54
- £11.87Trending at £14.48
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- DescriptionShe argues that nothing justifies conferring such a binding status on the principle and that the uti possidetis applied in Yugoslavia was an entirely new version that can derive no legitimacy from colonial precedents. While the doctrine may have considerable utility in some cases, it is only principle among many that must be considered if future disputes are to be resolved so as to promote long term peace and stability. Lalonde sounds a cautionary note, showing that the idea that uti possidetis provides a one-size-fits-all, legally incontestable solution to all territorial disputes is an illusion.
- Author(s)Suzanne N. Lalonde
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2002
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.