Consider these sponsored items
- £29.25Free postage
- £51.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWBC series delivers the best in biblical scholarship, from the leading scholars who share a commitment to Scripture as divine revelation. It emphasizes a thorough analysis of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological evidence. The result is judicious and balanced insight into the meanings of the text in the framework of biblical theology.
- Author BiographyDuane L. Christensen is Professor of Biblical Studies and Ancient Near Eastern History at William Carey International University. He has a B.S. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, an M.Div. from American Baptist Seminary of the West, and a Th.D. from Harvard University. Postdoctoral studies include stints at the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome, and the University of North Carolina, at the University of Vienna, and at Hebrew University, Jerusalem. He is the author of Transformations of the War Oracle in Old Testament Prophecy and Bible 101: God's Story in Human History, as well as numerous journal articles. Bruce M. Metzger (1914 - 2007) was a biblical scholar, textual critic, and a longtime professor at Princeton Theological Seminary. Metzger is widely considered one of the most influential New Testament scholars of the 20th century. He was a general editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1997 - 2007). David Allan Hubbard (1928 - 1996), former president and professor of Old Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, was a recognized biblical scholar. In addition to over 30 books, he has written numerous articles for journals, periodicals, reference works. He was a general editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1977 - 1996). Glenn W. Barker (d. 1984) was a general editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1977 - 1984). John D. W. Watts (1921 - 2013) was President of the Baptist Theological Seminary, Ruschlikon, Switzerland, and served as Professor of Old Testament at that institution, at Fuller Theological Seminary, and the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. His numerous publications include commentaries on Isaiah (2 volumes), Amos, and Obadiah. He was Old Testament editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1977 - 2011). James W. Watts is a professor and chair of the Department of Religion at Syracuse University. His teaching and research interests include biblical studies, especially the Torah/Pentateuch, ritual theories, rhetorical analysis, and comparative scriptures studies. He is a co-founder of the Iconic Books Project. He had served as the associate Old Testament editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1997 - 2011). Ralph P. Martin (1925-2013) was Distinguished Scholar in Residence at Fuller Theological Seminary and a New Testament Editor for the Word Biblical Commentary series. He earned the BA and MA from the University of Manchester, England, and the PhD from King's College, University of London. He was the author of numerous studies and commentaries on the New Testament, including Worship in the Early Church, the volume on Philippians in The Tyndale New Testament Commentary series. He also wrote 2 Corinthians and James in the WBC series. Lynn Allan Losie is Associate Professor of New Testament at Azusa Pacific University. A generalist in New Testament studies, Dr. Losie teaches courses in the Gospels, the Acts of the Apostles, and the Pauline Epistles, as well as in the background areas of Greek, early Judaism, and the greater Hellenistic World. He has published articles on the New Testament and had served as the associate New Testament editor of the Word Biblical Commentary (1997 - 2013). Ordained as a Baptist minister, he has also served in pastoral ministry in Southern California and Oregon.
- Author(s)Duane Christensen
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleWord Biblical Commentary
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Weight862 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Series Edited byJohn D. W. Watts,James W. Watts,Ralph P. Martin,Lynn Allan Losie
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £109.17
- £135.07Trending at £138.03
- £30.79Trending at £34.08
- £23.45Trending at £35.01
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £7.97Trending at £10.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.