All listings for this product
Save on Philosophy
- £24.53Trending at £24.83
- £31.41Trending at £33.29
- £23.39Trending at £24.98
- £17.56Trending at £18.16
- £19.29Trending at £20.99
- £13.91Trending at £16.50
- £12.14Trending at £18.14
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping Deontology consists of six new essays in ethical theory by leading contemporary moral philosophers. Each essay considers concepts prominent in the development of deontological approaches to ethics, and these essays offer an invaluable contribution to that development.
- Author BiographyBrad Hooker is a professor in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Reading, UK. He has been most closely associated with discussions of rule-consequentialism, although he has published papers on a wide variety of topics in ethical theory, including the idea that moral principles must be suitable for public acceptance. He is the author of Ideal Code, Real World: A Rule-Consequentialist Theory of Morality (2000) and the editor of Rationality, Rules, and Utility (1993), and Truth in Ethics (1997). Professor Hooker is an associate editor of Ratio and the editor-in-chief of Utilitas.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- Series TitleRatio Special Issues
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight200 g
- Width137 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byBrad Hooker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.