CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.15Trending at £23.46
- £23.91Trending at £24.43
- £40.81Trending at £44.31
- £26.30Trending at £26.79
- £38.57Trending at £43.85
- £12.69Trending at £13.14
- £20.30Trending at £26.91
About this product
- Author(s)Md Saidul Islam
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Development and Society
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsPart I: Concepts and Theories 1. Challenges of Our Time: Environmental and Social Vulnerabilities with Quek Ri An 2. Understanding Power in Social Organization 3. Paradigms of Development and Their Power Dynamics 4. Theorizing Nature-Society Relationships 5. Neoliberal Paradox: Connection Through Disconnection Part II: Case Studies 6. Development Dynamics in the Global South: From Colonization to Globalization 7. Green Revolution: Transformation, Optimism and Reality 8. Food and Power: The Mirage of the Food Aid Regime 9. Climate Politics: Power and Development in Mortgaging the Planet 10. Tipaimukh Dam: Triumph of Development over the Environment and Popular Voice 11. Labelling Tribal: State-Power in Forming and Transforming Identities 12. A Neoliberal Knowledge/Power/Security Regime After 9/11: The Case of Muslim Patient Part III: Sustainable Earth Amid Vulnerabilities 13. Third World Vulnerabilities: Towards a Double Risk Society 14. Towards a Sustainable Earth?
- Author BiographyMd Saidul Islam is Assistant Professor in the Division of Sociology at Nanyang Technological University.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.