All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores how new forms of interdisciplinary cooperation can help to eradicate poverty on a world scale.
- Author BiographyAlberto D. Cimadamore is scientific director of CROP. He is a professor at the University of Buenos Aires and a researcher at the National Council of Scientific and Technological Research of Argentina (currently on leave). His research and publications are focused on the political economy of poverty, the international relations of poverty and development, and regional integration in Latin America. Fungisai P. Gwanzura Ottemoller is associate professor in the Department of Health Promotion and Development at UiB. She has done research on common mental disorders and on HIV prevention with primary school children (in Zimbabwe), and child participation in schools (in Scotland). Fungisai teaches in the master's programme in health promotion and health psychology. Her current research interests are immigrant children and families' experiences of the Norwegian child welfare system, child participation and early intervention. Maurice B. Mittelmark is professor of health promotion at the Department of Health Promotion and Development at UiB. His research and publications are focused on philosophy and methods of health promotion research, salutogenesis and resources for health, transdisciplinary collaboration for health promotion, and child health in former colonial regions. Gro Therese Lie is a professor at UiB's Department of Health Promotion and Development and former director of UiB Global, as well as a social, community and cross-cultural psychologist. She has worked on health promotion challenges in sub-Saharan Africa for twenty-seven years: prevention of and coping with HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, gender and generation, orphans and vulnerable children, and grassroots movements. She has also worked for UNDP as a consultant and research leader of multidisciplinary research groups. Her interests include participatory action research and movements for social change.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleInternational Studies in Poverty Research
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Note6 figures, 1 index, 5 black & white tables
- Weight381 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
- Edited byAlberto D. Cimadamore,Fungisai P. Gwanzura Ottemoller,Gro Therese Lie,Maurice B. Mittelmark
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.