All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £27.99
- £40.00Trending at £48.42
- £11.88Trending at £13.22
- £15.44Trending at £19.98
- £13.64Trending at £15.94
- £11.15Trending at £14.96
- £9.78Trending at £10.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is designed to provide the first comprehensive overview of research on the acquisition and training of professional performance.
- Author BiographyK. Anders Ericsson, PhD, is presently Conradi Eminent Scholar and Professor of Psychology at Florida State University. For the last thirty years he has studied the development of expert performance in domains such as music, chess, medicine, business, and sports, and how expert performers attain their superior performance by acquiring complex cognitive mechanisms and physiological adaptations through extended deliberate practice. He has edited several books on expertise, such as Toward a General Theory of Expertise (1991), The Road to Excellence: The Acquisition of Expert Performance in the Arts and Sciences, Sports, and Games (1996), and the influential Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance (2006). His research has been recently featured in New York Times, Scientific American, Fortune Magazine, New Scientist, and Time magazine. He is also a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, the Association of Psychological Science, and the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note51 b/w illus. 21 tables
- Weight1000 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byK. Anders Ericsson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.