All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to help you comprehend the complexity of child development, this book highlights major characteristics for each of the developmental domains in a concise, non-technical, point-by-point format. It covers the range of stages in child and adolescent development, highlighting important safety considerations at each developmental stage.
- Author BiographyK. Eileen Allen, professor emerita, was a member of the Early Childhood faculty at the University of Washington in Seattle and at the University of Kansas in Lawrence. For thirty-one years she taught graduate and undergraduate courses in child development, developmental disabilities in young children, parenting, early education, and an interdisciplinary approach to early intervention and inclusion. She also trained teachers and supervised research-focused classrooms at both schools and has published seven college textbooks as well as numerous research articles and position papers in major professional journals. During her retirement, she continues to write and advocate on behalf of children and families. Her most recent book is entitled, I LIKE BEING OLD: A GUIDE TO MAKING THE MOST OF AGING. Lynn R. Marotz, R.N., professor emerita, was a member of the Department of Applied Behavioral Science faculty, University of Kansas, for over thirty-five years and also served as the Associate Director of the Child Development Center. She taught large undergraduate and graduate courses in parenting, children's health, safety and nutrition, history and philosophy of early childhood education, and leadership and administration. She worked closely with students in the Early Childhood teacher education program and the families of children enrolled in the Child Development Center. Professor Marotz has authored numerous invited book chapters in national and international publications about children's health and nutrition, legal issues, and environmental safety. She is also the author of HEALTH, SAFETY, AND NUTRITION FOR THE YOUNG CHILD, DEVELOPMENTAL PROFILES: BIRTH THROUGH ADOLESCENCE, MOTIVATIONAL LEADERSHIP, and BY THE AGES: BEHAVIOR AND DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN PRE-BIRTH THROUGH EIGHT. She has been interviewed for numerous articles about children's health and nutrition and parenting that have appeared in national trade magazines, has served as a consultant for children's museums and training film productions, has presented extensively at international, national, and state conferences, and continues to hold appointments on national, state, and local committees and initiatives that advocate on behalf of children and their families.
- Author(s)K. Eileen Allen,Lynn R. Marotz
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- GenreMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.00Trending at £4.81
- £8.99Trending at £11.99
- £8.32Trending at £8.64
- £3.89Trending at £5.81
- £10.21Trending at £10.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.