Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £9.94Trending at £10.11
- £23.67Trending at £25.57
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £32.74Trending at £33.31
About this product
- DescriptionProvides accounts of why and how displacement occurs, what its effects on communities, ecosystems, and economies look like, and the normative or ethical positions held by key actors involved. This book offers economic, political, and cultural analyses, as well as ethnographic field research, to present a picture of displacement.
- Author BiographyPeter Vandergeest is an associate professor of sociology and director of the York Centre for Asian Research at York University. Pablo Idahosa is an associate professor in social sciences and coordinator of the African Studies Program at York University. Pablo S. Bose is a Henderson and SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Vermont and a research associate with the Centre for Refugee Studies at York University.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published2007
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight440 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byPablo Idahosa,Pablo S. Bose,Peter Vandergeest
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.