All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection explores 12 different Hindu goddesses, all of whom are in some way related to Devi, the Great Goddess. They range from the liquid goddess-energy of the River Ganges to the possessing, entrancing heat of Bhagavati and Seranvali.
- Author BiographyJohn S. Hawley is Professor of Religion at Barnard College and Director of the the National Resource Center for South Asia at Columbia University. Donna M. Wulff is Professor of Religion at Brown University. Together they edited The Divine Consort: Radha and the Goddesses of India (1986).
- Author(s)Donna Marie Wulff,John Stratton Hawley
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication11/06/1996
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleComparative Studies in Religion & Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note33 b&w illustrations, 1 map
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.