Diabetes by Sue Beatty, David Matthews, Pam Dyson, Laurie King, Jenny Shaw, Aparna Pal, Niki Meston (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.80Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an easy to understand guide to diabetes aimed at all those living with diabetes. It includes a short history of the condition, causes, symptoms, possible complications, management (both of diabetes and the associated risk factors), psychological factors and what care to expect.
- Author BiographyProfessor David Matthews David Matthews is currently Professor of Diabetes Medicine at the University of Oxford, Consultant Physician for the Oxford Radcliffe Hospital NHS trust and Chairman of the Oxford Centre of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism. He is also a Medical Tutor at Harris Manchester College, Oxford. He divides his time between patient care, research and teaching. He has authored more than 200 publications and is on the editorial boards of several professional journals. Sue Beatty Diabetes research nurse, OCDEM Sue Beatty is a clinical research nurse based at the Oxford Centre for Diabetes Endocrinology and Metabolism. She has worked in diabetes research for six years. She has been involved in a wide range of research studies and has a particular interest in islet transplantation. Pam Dyson Research dietician, University of Oxford Pam Dyson has been involved with the nutritional management of diabetes and obesity for over 25 years. She began her working life with the Medical Research Council at the Dunn Nutrition Unit in Cambridge and since then has practised as a community dietician, diabetes specialist dietician for both in and out-patients and has been closely involved with clinical research. Since 2003, she has been employed by Oxford University as a diabetes research dietician and she is involved with both external projects (usually multi-centre diabetes trials) and in-house projects (at present various educational programmes and dietary intervention trials for weight loss). The expansion of this role has included registration at Oxford Brookes University for a PhD study evaluating dietary education for people with Type 2 diabetes. Her main interests are in the delivery of diabetes dietary education, behavioural aspects of lifestyle change and weight management. Laurie King Podiatrist, OCDEM Dr Nikki Meston Clinical Research Fellow, OCDEM Niki Meston trained in medicine at Southampton University and then specialised in Chemical Pathology (the interpretation of changes in blood chemicals and various aspects of metabolism). She proceeded to work in the areas of endocrinology (hormones), metabolic bone disease and diabetes outpatient clinics, as well as blood investigation interpretation in the laboratory and teaching biochemistry to medical students. Dr Apana Pal Specialist Registrar in Diabetes, Endocrinology and GIM Apana Pal did her undergraduate medical training at Oxford University Medical School and has spent most of her time since qualification working in clinical medicine in Oxford. She is now in the fourth year of her diabetes and endocrinology specialist training. Jenny Shaw Diabetes research nurse, OCDEM Jenny Shaw has been working with people with diabetes for many years, previously as a diabetes specialist nurse and currently as a diabetes research nurse. In recent years, she has been involved in studies concerning the development of new treatments for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Author(s)Aparna Pal,David Matthews,Jenny Shaw,Laurie King,Niki Meston,Pam Dyson,Sue Beatty
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleThe Facts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note25 2-colour figures
- Weight237 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £9.97Trending at £10.38
- £25.00Trending at £32.98
- £6.54Trending at £9.98
- £10.04Trending at £12.08
- £9.60Trending at £14.53
- £19.38Trending at £29.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.